Health and wellness supplier China introduces the role and efficacy of seaweed.
Basic introduction of seaweed
Seaweed is usually fixed on the seafloor or some solid structure, and it is a single plant or a long list of simple plants composed of basic cells. A large number of aquatic plants that do not produce stems or leaves when they appear. The most common large seaweed is seaweed, such as green algae, red algae, and brown algae. The root-shaped fixator only has the fixation function, but cannot absorb nutrients. Seaweed is often densely formed in shallow water. A clear zone is formed on the shore within a depth of 50 meters (about 165 feet). Algae growing on the high tide line are often exposed to the air; algae under the low tide line cannot be exposed to the air for a long time, so they cannot grow near the coast, such as Fucus, Macrocystis, sea Nereocystis, Laminaria and other groups can only breed below 18 ° C (64 ° F) and are only distributed in cold waters.
Seaweed is a hidden plant in the plant kingdom. Algae include several different types of organisms that produce energy through photosynthesis. They are generally considered to be simple plants, the main features are no vascular bundle tissue, no differentiation of true roots, stems, and leaves; no flowering, no fruits, and seeds; no special protective tissue for reproductive organs, often directly Cells produce spores or gametes; and no embryo formation. Because of the simple structure of algae, some botanists attribute it to the “frond flora” of lower plants, along with fungi.
The efficacy and role of seaweed
1. Protect the elasticity of blood vessels
Seaweed contains a large amount of iodine that can significantly reduce the cholesterol content in the blood. Regular food is helpful to maintain the function of the cardiovascular system and make the blood vessels full of elasticity, thus ensuring the normal supply of skin nutrition.
2. Improve oil secretion
Seaweed is rich in methionine and cystine, which can prevent dry skin. Regular food can also make dry skin shiny and oily skin can improve oil secretion.
3. Prevention of leukemia
To prevent leukemia, alginic acid can be combined with the radioactive element strontium to form an insoluble substance and discharged from the body, so that strontium does not cause leukemia in the body.
The nutritional value of seaweed jelly
1. Seaweed contains a special protein called lyophilic protein, which can also be used in the separation and detection of blood cells, the production of drug carriers, immune antibodies, and medical uses of anti-cancer drugs. Seaweed glycoproteins will be used in the diagnosis of immune system functions in the future. There is great potential for the diagnosis of tumor formation and metastasis and other clinical applications.
2. The substances that enhance immunity and anti-cancer activity in seaweed are special polysaccharides, proteins, lipids, pigments, and low molecular substances. In traditional Chinese medicine, several brown algae can be used to prevent and treat cancer after cooking. The main component of this hot water extract is polysaccharides.
3. Seaweed is rich in dietary fiber. Generally, the fiber content of seaweed is about 30 ~ 65% of dry weight, which is much larger than the average content of beans, grains, vegetables, and fruits. Therefore, a moderate increase in the intake of algae fiber can lower blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugar levels, help the normal pattern of the heart and blood vessels, and prevent cancer. In addition, after the seaweed food fiber enters the human gastrointestinal tract, it swells due to the absorption of water, which can easily cause a feeling of satiety, avoid obesity caused by ingesting too much food and achieve the effect of weight loss and health care. Food fiber in the body can help digestion and promote waste excretion, improve constipation, avoid the growth of harmful bacteria in the body.
4. Seaweed contains a variety of vitamins, mainly vitamins B12, C and E, biotin, and nicotinic acid, which have a positive effect on human metabolism and the prevention and recovery of many diseases.
5. Seaweed contains more kinds and quantities of natural inorganic elements than land plants. Among them, sodium, potassium, iron, and calcium are the most abundant. Iron is a component of heme, and iron deficiency is one of the causes of anemia; calcium is a component that forms human bones and teeth, and is also required to maintain the normal function of cell membranes; if the body lacks iodine, it will cause abnormal thyroid function; magnesium can relieve pressure To avoid heart disease caused by tension.
6. Some edible seaweeds such as laver, palm algae, Ulva, and Shifa have more protein, about 20-39% of the dry weight of the algae. Seaweed contains more than 20 kinds of amino acids essential for the human body. It is important that most types have amino acids containing thiamine, such as taurine, methionine, cystine, and their derivatives. The content of the spirulina is about 41-72 mg. In addition to the high amount of taurine in breast milk, eggs, and legumes, most land-based food proteins are mostly lacking or lacking in thiamine-containing acids. Insufficient intake will affect human health.